Do Customers Take Notice If You Are Confident?
By Ted Ings, Executive Director
You’ve Got the Looks
There’s absolutely no question that fitness and intentionally starting your day off right helps you feel good and look great. But if you’re like most people, your self-image could use improvement.
In fact, men and women are similarly hard on themselves in this area. More than 4 in 5 men talk are self-conscious about their appearance, while women are almost as high at 75%.
You’re Amazing, Just the Way You Are
If you’re one of the majority, you have something you’d like to change about yourself - your weight, your height, thinning hair, crooked teeth, wide hips, graying beard, or some other thing. But when it comes down to brass tacks, none of that matters. You are who you are right now, and you’re amazing!
Look around your workplace. You’ll see people of all kinds – long and short hair, fair and dark skin, different heights, different weights, and dressed individually. You accept your co-workers as they are. So, don’t be surprised that others around you accept you for who you are right now!
You can strive to improve some aspects of your physical appearance, and that’s healthy. But you’ve got the looks – all you have to do is work it!
Dress for Success
Nothing works as well to improve self-image than to dress well. When you wear clothes that fit properly and are age- and workplace-appropriate, you feel fantastic. Here are a couple tips:
• Get the right fit. No one is judging if you need to buy a size up or down.
• Some body types just can’t find clothes that fit well off the rack either. Spend a few bucks on alterations if necessary to get the right fit for your body. It looks better and definitely feels better.
• Dress up! In America, we tend to dress more casual today than in the past. Treat yourself to dressy clothes that are appropriate both at work and for an evening out.
Your Morning Routine
If you want to feel consistently good about yourself, you might need to change your morning routine:
• Lay out your clothes the night before so you aren’t in a hurry to dress in the morning.
• Guys, you’ll feel better about yourself when you’re clean-shaven or neatly trimmed.
• Give yourself time in front of the mirror to be comfortable with yourself before leaving the house.
If you’re confident and well-kempt, customers take notice. Be confident and comfortable with who you are today.